Research areas of Institute of Power Engineering and Turbomachinery are:
- Turbines, compressors and fans theory and design (research of flows, diagnostics and durability).
- Computational fluid dynamics and aeroacoustics.
- Advanced energy technologies (gas – steam combined cycles, clean coal technologies, biomass energy conversion systems).
- Gas turbines in industrial energy systems.
- Thermodynamic and economic analysis of advanced CHP systemsPower plants thermal diagnostics.
- Fuel cellsLaboratory flow tests of radial and axial compressor stages as well as tests of fans.
- Turbines compressors and fans modernization.
- Laboratory and numerical research of the transonic wet steam flows.
- Gas turbines and clean energy technologies.
- Operation and diagnostic of turbomachinery.
- Boiler, environment protection and power systems technology.